Medicare Child Dental Benefits Schedule bi-annual limit/cap restored to $1000.
At the beginning of the year, there was a reduction of the cap to $700. It has since been restored back to $1000. So if your claim was rejected because you reached the old $700 cap, you don’t have to do anything. Medicare will reassess it and repay you.
About the CDBS
Eligibility – To be eligible, you must be:
- Ages between 2-17 for at least 1 day of the calendar year
- Eligible for Medicare
- Getting one of the payments (Family Tax Benefit Part A, Parenting Payment, Double Orphan Pension, ABSTUDY) for at least 1 www.ada.org.au/time2switch/Home
Here at Bright-On Bay Dental, we believe that good dental awareness and education is very important for children and families. To help improve the oral health of our community, we bulk bill for services that come under this scheme
If you wish to use the scheme, you will need to:
- Call 132 011 to confirm your child’s eligibility for the scheme.
- Call 9599 3138 to make an appointment. Please let us know at the time of booking that your child is eligible for the scheme. You will need to give us the Medicare card number.
- On the day of your child’s appointment, you will need to sign Medicare consent forms before we commence treatment.
Please call us on 9599 3138 to speak to one of our staff, or Australian Human Services for more information.